Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

joining on a sub record

Status
Not open for further replies.

psoftJohn

Programmer
Jul 7, 2005
US
I am using PS 8.45.11 and Financials/SCM 8.80. I am trying to insert a table in PS query that I am using in a Crystal Report. The table is MEMBER_PHONE which come to find out is a Sub Record. When I insert it into my query it shows up as PHONE_SBR and only shows the fields in the sub record and not the key field that I need to join on.

I have tried writing an expression with the field that I need but it dosn't pass edit because the field is not listed in the query. I can successfully run it in my SQL editor. Here is the SQL that I wish to run.

SELECT PHONE FROM PS_MEMBER_PERSON I, PS_MEMBER_PHONE J
WHERE I.SUPPORT_TEAM_MBR = J.SUPPORT_TEAM_MBR(+)

Any suggestions?

Can we say, 'Clear your cache.'?

I would have never suspected this because I had not made any changes to any pages, tables, etc, but, I went to a coworkers machine and his MEMBER_PHONE file looked fine with all fields as expected. I cleared my cache and now I can see all the fields both in App designer and in Query.

There's a lesson in there somewhere. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back