Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joining an existing Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishkid

Technical User
May 4, 2007
ES
hi,

I have the following error when trying to join an existing farm.

Error during encryption or decryption. System error code 997.

Everythign was working fine until my PDC crashed and I had to build a new one, I then recreated all the users. I also had to rerun the sharepoint config to rejoin the famr but it would not work. I can connect to the database but then the above error appers, any ideas how I can get all my data back?

Thanks

Colm

I'm guessing you didn't have a backup for your PDC since you're rebuilding? The problem is each user has a unique identifier, so just recreating a user's name usually screws up any kind of security you had in place before (file permissions, database permissions (when using Windows Autentication), sharepoint user perms, etc.

I've never had this situation with trying to rejoin the farm with different user perms, but just as a shot in the dark, I'd try logging into the sharepoint server as a local admin account and then rejoining the farm as I think by default all local admins on the sharepoint box have owner perms (this is assuming 1) Your sharepoint install wasn't on your PDC originally and 2) You haven't rebuilt your sharepoint server since the PDC crash.

Like I said, this is just a shot in the dark, but I figure you're probably pretty open for suggestions :) If it works, please post back on here and let us know as this would be useful information to have in the future!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back