Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joining a publisher 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkirner

Technical User
May 20, 2009
US
I have added an additional subscriber to my network, however when attempting to join an existing publisher, which is CM_K8-PUB, it will not take this name or it's IP address. Says it's invalid characters "_", or cannot be an IP address. Anyone seen this or know a way around?

Thanks.

When I have added a Subscriber, I've just had to give the IP address and the Cluster Security password. I've never had to give the name of the server. The Subscriber will get the name when it connects.

try removing the - from the name

Stay cool; it’s not over yet!

its telling you it does not accept the undescore between the CM and K8.
I assume you are on a linux version by what you experience.
The informix database structure does not like underscores, dashes and special characters like that.
Try eliminating them.

Hello Dkirner,

Have you built the new subscriber information(IP address) in Call Manager? You'll need to build the information in Call Manager under your publisher server. This way your publisher server will know that the subscriber is trying to communicate. Just a thought in case this isn't already setup.

Thanks,

Han

How would I describe myself? Three words: Hard-working. Alpha-male. Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back