Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JOIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvuppa1

Programmer
Nov 14, 2003
US
how do i display a field after a join from specific table.

JOIN EUSER.EUSERNAME IN eUser TO ALL EATTRIBU.EUSERNAME IN eAttribute AS JOIN0
SET ALL =ON
TABLE FILE EUSER
i wanna print the join fields from both the tables
euser.eusername
eattribute.eusername?
END

JOIN EUSER.EUSERNAME IN eUser TO ALL EATTRIBU.EUSERNAME IN eAttribute AS JOIN0
SET ALL = ON
TABLE FILE EUSER
PRINT
EUSERNAME
EUPDATEDTIME
EDISTINGUISHEDNAME
WHERE EATTRIBUTE.EUSERNAME EQ '.';

I am trying to display unmatched fields after a join, but it comes up with no results for the above code, but when i remove the where condition, I can see both unmatched records along with matched records. I wanna be able to see only unmatched records.
How do I go from here?

The Focus manual will tell you what the settings for the ALL command are. I think it is PASS that allows IF tests on missing segments. Why do you think a missing name is '.'? It is a blank.

I know the missing names are blank but I want to print out only those missing or unmatched fields, I tried set ALL=PASS but it dint work. Im using WF436
Please help me in printing unmatched fields after an join(outer)
-P

I forget the syntax exactly... you might need to doublecheck a manual to see how to test null values.

Try:
WHERE blah EQ MISSING;

'.' is just what WebFOCUS displays on the output... it's not the real value in the database. You can change this display value by doing something like:
SET NODATA = 'Sorry there is no data'
or
SET NODATA = 'N/A'
The default value is:
SET NODATA = .

Hope this helps,
Michael

The value of an alpha field in a missing segment is blank. For a numeric, it is zero.

Thanks guys, i got it working by
SET ALL=PASS
where matchedfield is missing
-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back