Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JOIN KEY PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malta393

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
EU
I have 3 tables has follows
TABLE1
orders id(PK) kiv:Req No/PO no/Inv No
Req No are the same no.
Req Date
Req Amt
Date to Procurment
Planned Delivery Date
Purchase Order No
PO DATE
PO Amt
Month To Acct
All Po(s) recd & Inpt(Y/n)
Cleared(y/n)
Invoice No
Invoice Date
Invoice Amt
Actual Delivery Date
Order Paid Status(Y/N)
All Paymt rep by Invoice(Y/N)
jOB mANAGER iD(FK)
Table 2 Table 3
Job Manager Id (PK) Supplier Id(PK)
First Name Supplier Name
Surname Goods Desc
Cost No Order Id(fk)
Account Code
Account Desc
oRDER ID(FK)
I also have two other tables one with all the account codes and descriptions and another with all the Manager details

I have buiilt a form through the wizard with all fields from the 3 tables except for keys but keep getting this error-CAN'T ADD RECORDS-JOIN-KEY OF TABLE ORDERS NOT IN RECORDSET.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME-I'M LOSING MY MIND!!!!!!!!

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION

KAZ

I gather you want to extract data from all 3 tables into 1 form

Have you joined the tables correctly ?? & is your form looking at a query which contains these joined tables.

The error looks like the 'orders' table isn't joined.

How have you joined them ?, let me know

I HAVE JOINED THE MANAGER TABLE TO ORDERS AND THE SUPPLIERS TABLE TO ORDERS ON A 1 TO MANY JOIN-THE FORM IS NOT BASED ON A QUERY

Think you need to point the Form to a Query instead.

Create a new Query (Query1) in design view. Right click on it, select 'show Table', double click on the 3 tablesthey'll then go into the query already joined up.

On each of the 3 boxes - double click on the * (at top of list). This means that ALL fields from each table are in the query.

Then go into design view of your form and point it to this query. (i.e. - open properties box, data tab, record source- change this to Query1 (created above)

see if this works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back