Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

johnpoole

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2011
US
John a while back you posted this on a thread regarding Lineside E1. Could you explain in more detail please on the set up.

Thank you.

Connect two back to back to a cot e1 card, the line side programs as analog stations, the far end programs as trunks.. will let you dial thru for a test.. works clean with t1 line side.. e1 should be the same except 30 channels/ 2 meg, not 24/1.54

I'm trying to test these in a lab environment.
I don't have a channel bank or IVR system to connect to. I can "successfuly" link to a 5D97 but that doesn't do alot for me.
I was looking for a different route to take and John's reply above sounded intersting but I'm not sure how he configured it from a hardware standpoint.
Basically I'm looking for a way to make sure I can dial through to something that will answer on these channels.

Ahh... So John meant programming analog 500 type TNs; then pretending those are Loop Start COT lines and cross connecting them to a trunk TN. I don't think that does what you want?

Since your Line Side looks like a T1(E1 in your case), you need something to connect to that can emulate a E1 - that would be a DTI loop. So you wrap your wiring from the Line Side back into a DTI card and then you can a complete A to Z connection.

Just think of the Line Side and DTI as two separate boxes. They just happen to be housed in the same room.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Thanks. I can connect to a DTI2 on a 5D97 but that only idle's up the channels/ports.
If I dial the DN of Port 1 on the Lineside in will Busy out Channel 1 on the DTI2 loop but that's as far as I can go.
I'm trying to establish an actual call, voicepath etc.

Trunks are programmed as tie lines but once I hit the channel then what? I can't assign the channel to a set like on a Norstar system.
The Lineside is not meant to tie to a span as far as I know.
Trying to find an E1 channel bank or dialogic board.
The E1 ports are programmed as 500's but hand off is DS30X so I gave an Mgate card a try briefly but no go.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks

If they are TIE, you can just dial an extension once you seize the trunk.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

You will need to match up the ABCD bits configured against the Trunk and in the E1 Lineside of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back