Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jobserverchild processes continue to run when job is deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonLandretti

Programmer
May 7, 2004
US
I just finally got an answer from Crystal tech support on an issue we have been having intermittently with CE9. I will see more jobserverchild processes running on the server than reports running through the instance manager or CMC settings section. It turns out that when any user, including the administrator, deletes a report that is running, the only thing that CE9 does is flag the row for an update in the APS. The jobserverchild will still process the entire report, just not save the instance into the FRS. This seems lame to me since we could potentially have a server crash if many resource intensive reports are run and then deleted and I would not know through the CE9 interfaces. I also wanted to add that I don't have admin rights on the CE9 server so I have to call our infrastructure dept to look in the task manager. Is there a way to pull data from the APS to determine if jobs are deleted? If I could automate a report to give me this data when it happens I could avoid potential issues. Crystal recreated this issue in CE10 as well, so no fix is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back