Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jobs Status won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

JsR2002

Technical User
Aug 3, 2003
GB
Running ARCServe 2000, v7.00, build 1100.

I start Arcserve Manager and select Quick Access
With some options e.g. Jobs Status, I get the hour-glass for about 1 minute then AS Mngr closes
If I choose other options e.g. Server Admin - no problem

I believe this only happened after installing some Win2000 patches but can't work out which ones. I've tried 'repairing' Arcserve but no change.

Backup is still running fine but I can't peform normal admin tasks or look at the database etc.

Does anybody have any clues before I try a complete uninstall/reinstall please?

thanks and regards

Hi
1-Try to Access Arcserve using normal way without using quick access.
2-Stop the job Engine
3-rename the folder 00000001.qsd
4-Start the job Engine
5-try to recreate the job

Is arcserve closing if you try to access Manager-->Database?

regards
mohamdr

Mohamdr - many thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion but still no success unfortunately.

Regarding your query, I can start 'Jobs Status' using ASJS.exe, but not through 'Arcserve Manager'. I cannot start 'Database Manager' or 'Device Manager' through 'Arcserve Manager' (they close the program after a minute) but I can start 'Server Admin' and the wizards. I haven't tried all the 'Quick Access' options - it seems there's a problem with 'Arcserve Manager' but it doesn't seem to re-install corectly via the repair option.

The thing I miss most is 'Database Manager' - I don't know how to start that manually - could you advise?

I still suspect one of the Win2000Svr patches so I suppose I'll just have to dig deeper unless you have any other suggestions.

thanks again, and regards

Hi
There is somthing wrong on your machine the quickest way to sort this problem is to uninstall/install.
but make sure you copy the database folder & 0000001.qsd to safe palce so you can reuse them with the new instllation..

regards,
mohamdr

Hi again - thanks for the reply - that's the conclusion I'm coming to - I'll post a reply as to how I get on. The only thing that's making me hesitate about re-installion etc. is the Arcserve patches that I've applied to my existing config. I should have written it all down in detail!

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back