Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job status Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonhulme

MIS
Jun 23, 2003
AU
Hello,

When ever my daily backup Job is run the status appears as crashed, job will then be on hold and will not automatically re-schedule for the next days backup. Activity log is reporting all data is backed up.

However, in the activity log, after all the messages regarding the backup job itself
(number of files, size, time, average throughput, etc) there are messages saying - Tape engine finished erasing media, begin cleaning database, session is cleaned, erase successful and end cleaning database.

It looks as though the tapes are being erased?. Would these have anything to do with the prune database job? it is scheduled to run at different times to when these messages are been reported in the activity log.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

When a tape (that is known in the database) is erased, Arcserve automatically prunes the records corresponding to that tapes sessions from its database.

This is NOT related to your daily pruning job, which does its deletions based upon the # of days retention you have configured.

I'm having the same problem, did you ever find a solution?

Thanks.

It might be a good idea to do a test restore just to verify the data on tape is still good.

Next from the Server Admin put the Job Engine in debug mode.

I am having this problem too. I thought it was related to the rescheduling of the job, but now don't believe it is. The job seems to complete everything (couple of skips, but that's normal). Last line in the Job Log is "Backup Operation Incomplete" which is normal since it skipped several open files. Ditto for activity log. The only problem is the job shows as Crashed, is on Hold and doesn't reschedule for the next period. Any ideas?
-dh-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back