Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Started Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

taneujin

MIS
Aug 14, 2001
SG
Is there anyway I can configure a job started alert. I can only see job completed/unsuccessful but no job alert.

At the start of each backup, the first entry arcserve writes into the activity log is the text "Run Backup Job".

In the ARCserver Server Admin, Configuration, alert tab - you can enter this text to create an alert.

Depending on your configuration, this may work for you. It won't work for me because I have my alerts configured at the job level. Unfortunately, at this level, only error codes can be processed. ARCserve refuses to take any other text.

My solution is to use the pre/post job option to execute a batch program that generates an alert. I haven't found a way to link into the alert manager this way. So, I use BLAT to send an e-mail to a central alert manager on our Open VMS systems. This in turn generates an alphanumeric message and sends it to my pager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back