Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job sequence ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyKTN

IS-IT--Management
Dec 25, 2000
BE
hello, is it possible to set the backup chronolgy of backup data of 1 same job ?

I would like to have some folder be first on tape, without having to create different jobs. Possible ?

Also, if having two job scheduled, how to set up the second job to start when the first has finished ? Or do I have to time the first job, and then alter the starttime of the second ?

Thx 4 any reply

1) Order of backup - try modifying the 'source priority'. It is a button that comes up on one of the final windows when you schedule a job. This allows you to change the order that things are backed up to tape.
2) Getting a job to start after the first one has finished - schedule them for about 5 minutes apart. As long as they use the same resource eg tape drive, the second one will realise that the resource is in use, wait until it is free and start as soon as the first one finishes. I had to find this out as it was a trick that I needed!
Hope this is helpful. cdav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back