Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job "looping" in Brightstor 9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubman

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
US

I've searched about the archives and haven't seen this question so I thought I'd ask.

I have a job that when I try to add new servers to it, it "loops". The job will kick off fine, and backup the first server, but then it will start over instead of moving onto the next server. This includes mounting a blank tape and formating it, so in the morning I have a libarary full with no blank tapes. If I remove the server I added, the job will run fine. The job has 29 servers in it, and no matter what one I try to make number 30, it does this. I've tried adding a server that was previously in the job, as well, a server that was recently pressed back into service with an upgraded agent, and a newly purchased server with fresh agent install. All cause this to happen, but if I remove the box the job then runs fine. Is there a limit to how many servers you can backup with a single job?

For refrence, the Bright store manager is Windows 2000 SP4, the library is directly attached via SCSI and is a Qualstar 8466 LTO1 changer (3 drives 66 slots). The clients are various Windows servers, and I'm attaching via the Brightstor agents. The job is a standard network backup running the GFS tape rotation.

tony

Try creating a new job from scratch, perhaps there is some corruption in this one.

I know this is an old post but I just had the same symptoms. After spending hours upgrading agents and rebuilding jobs I discovered that my backup server had less than 2 gb of space and apparently this was insufficient to update the database, so my jobs kept restarting. Freeing up additional gb solved my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back