Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemps37

MIS
Sep 20, 2006
CA
I have 2 gfs jobs. One is servers. it backups up 6 servers. After doing the first 2 it does not go on to the next one. (ie it does server1 server2 at the same time but when one finishes it doesn't not go onto server3) THe job will just sit there and say "backing up" I have no clue whats wrong. And now it is occurring on my exchange gfs job it does the c: drive and the d: but will not continue on to F: and brick levels, it gets stuck after 2. HELP ME!

p.s. When I cancel the server job it writes it to tape but its not naming it correct, its naming it #**$()!a$$%#@$%.

Just an added note, I have a backup of approx 10pcs a night that is still running fine, moving one to the next.

Try changing the order the servers are backed up to see if it hangs at the 3rd server or the same server.

A tape is given a "name" when it is formated at the beginning of the job and not the end. Check the tape name right after the job starts to see if it is correct or garbage.

Could just be a corrupt job, or even database corruption.

I have changed the order of the backups. No luck. and the tape name is garbage right from the start. If it is a corrupt job do I have to create a new gfs media pool and everything and resubmit the job to get it to work again, or will it work off the existing media pool?

I deleted and resubmitted the job and it moved on to servers3 and 4. Now to see if it writes the correct name.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back