Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Engine Service Stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetAdmin2

MIS
Oct 31, 2003
US
I have recently run into a problem with my backups failing. For several nights now, the backup exec job engine service stops running. There is no pattern that I've seen yet as it stops sometimes at midnight and sometimes at five in the morning. I was wondering if anybody has run across similar problems or might know what is happening. I have two servers running backups and it is only happening on one of them. Veritas support is saying we need to update MDAC but I'm not sure how MDAC comes into play here. Any blurb on that would also be helpful. As always, thanks in advance for any help or info.

I have seen this error aswell - Unfortunatley I have not been able to find a fix. If you chack the system logs you will probably find a Dr Watson error at the same time the service stops.

I had this problem as well. Didn't solve it, but I did find a work-around. If you open SERVICES under Administrative Tools and right click on the Job Engine service, you will get the properties box. Select the Recovery tab and set the First, Second and Subsequent options to "Restart The Service".

While this does not resolve the issue of what's causing it, it does prevent it from screwing up your backups....

Life is full of compromises....

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back