Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job created before cost rolled up on New parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakesidepat

Technical User
Mar 2, 2019
US
Hello,
I really hope someone can guide me with my problems. We have found and fixed what was causing my problems but I don’t know how to fix the Jobs that already had transactions started. The problems were caused by…
1 - Methods created for a part and Job was created before the Cost got rolled up.
2 - Not all the material cost was rolled up at the time the Job was created, method corrected but not sure how to correct the Job.
3 - Method updated and rolled up but How to correct Jobs already on the shop floor with production started.
The Jobs already has Transactions on them so I can not delete the Job and re-create the Jobs. This caused my WIP report have a LOT of MFG-VAR Debit because the cost of when the job was started was zero dollars.
Is it possible to get the correct cost into the Job then close it so WIP report is correct?
We have around 100 or so Jobs I need to fix before I can close them. These parts are STD cost method. HELPPPPP
Thanks,
Lakesidepat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back