Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job code Change Report help

Status
Not open for further replies.

loislane97

Technical User
Jun 21, 2008
US
I built a job code change report in Reportsmith that is supposed to return from and to dates for each job code. My 2 sql criteria statements test out fine, and my 2 derived fields test out fine, but when I hit done all I get in return is ORA-00933:SQL command not properly ended. I am not a programmer, so I don't even know where to start looking for how to fix this error. Can anyone help me?

Could be an ODBC driver error. If you can try connecting to Oracle without using ODBC.

John Sakalauskas
VantageIS,LLC

I have had this problem before.

You said you are using SQL statements. I assume these are derived fields. Put () around the whole derived field. Next, put a space in front of each line of the SQL - should look like this:

(SELECT P.EMPLID
FROM PS_PERSONAL_DATA P, PS_JOB J
WHERE (( (TO_CHAR(J.EFFDT, 'YYYYMMDD') || J.EFFSEQ = (
SELECT MAX(TO_CHAR(i.EFFDT, 'YYYYMMDD') || i.EFFSEQ)
FROM PS_JOB i
WHERE i.EMPLID = J.EMPLID
AND i.EMPL_RCD_NBR = J.EMPL_RCD_NBR
AND i.EFFDT <= SYSDATE)) AND
(J.EMPL_STATUS IN ('A', 'L', 'S')) ))
)

Notice () around the whole SQL derive field and the space in front of the 2nd and 3rd rows.

Hope that helps.

RSGeek at WI dot RR dot COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back