Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job Being Canceled and I don't know why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phildmc

MIS
Apr 9, 2003
US
I am having a nightmare of a time using Backup Exec. It worked fine for a year and as fate would have it the service contract expired and now I'm having problems.

What is happening is during a scheduled/or non scheduled backup it will cancel itself during the verify process. Below is a small porton of the log file:
=================================================
Media Name: "Media Created 4/4/2003 08:00:08 PM"
Backup of "\\EVE\System?State"
Backup set #3 on storage media #1
Backup set description: "EVE Backup"
Backup Type: Full - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit
Backup started on 4/4/2003 at 9:10:48 PM.
Backed up 2024 files in 96 Directories.
Processed 290,736,684 bytes in 4 minutes and 26 seconds.
Throughput rate: 62.5MB/min
Software Compression ratio: 2:1
Job Operation - Verify
Job ended: Friday, April 4, 2003 at 9:15:43 PM
Job Completion Status: Canceled by\
(end of report)

The log is not telling me anything on why it is being canceled and not telling me who canceled it and why the verify is not happening.

I have tested the tape drive with the W2K version of back up and it works fine. I have tested the drive with the seagate tools and tested each tape with 2GB of data and everything tested fine....

What am I missing.... HELP!
Phill

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. It used to run fine on NT40 but I am getting the "Verify - cancelled by \" message in the log file now that its installed on W2K.
Also checked the drive STT20000A with the Seagate diagnostic tool and no errors reported. No errors in the W2K event viewer either.

Any idea would be helpful.
Thanks!

I had to reinstalled the Veritas tape drivers. I uninstalled the drivers that came with BackupExec and downloaded the new drivers from Veritas, it is located on their website,
When installing the new drivers it gives you an option to use the PnP drivers and that is what I chose. If I remember right you can chose to install both the Veritas and the PnP drivers.

Now the backups are working fine.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back