Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JMS & MQSeries 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlanta

Programmer
May 23, 2000
ES
I am trying to use JNDI to retrieve the information I need in establishing a Point to Point Connection using JMS.<br>The JMS API says the ConnectionFactory interface encapsulates a set of connection configuration parameters, does anybody know which ones are those parameters? And the way to store them in the name space? Regards

I see that this is an old thread but I'll give my answer anyway...

The ConnectionFactory object is specific to whatever transport you are using and so the configuration parameters are also unique. In the case of MQSeries, what you do is create an MQConnectionFactory object and use methods such as setQueueManager(), setChannel() etc. to set the attributes that MQSeries needs to know.

I believe that you then either write the object to the JNDI (cast down to a ConnectionFactory object) using the standard JNDI interface - which I can't remember or you can use thesupplied MQ JMS administration utility - JMSAdmin(.bat on NT).

See MQSeries Using Java for full details.

I would like to know whether JMS is shipped with MQSeries.
If not ,If i want to use JMS along with MQSeries what are
advantages and interfaces that I have to use

JMS is available by downloading and installing the Support pac for Java (can't remember the number but it's pretty obvious - MA88?).

This replaces the Java classes that come with the product and gives you JMS too.

Advantages: many - vendor-independent API, content-based PubSub, asynchronous call-back function when a message arrives etc.

Disadvantages: - many - only a subset of MQ functions are supported, extra perfrormance overhead, no XA transactions (yet)

As usual, YMMV,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back