Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JMC through an external Web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonChino

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2003
US
Well, this is MORE of a JRUN question than a ColdFusion question but I am trying to set up the external web connector for the JRun administrator page. EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE out there mentions this local.properties file but I do not see it ANYWHERE in my installation and it states the following:

Stop the JWS that is connected to the JMC so that the only access to the JMC is through the newly-connected external Web server. You do this by removing the web service from the servlet.services property in admin's local.properties file:
# was: servlet.services=jndi,jdbc,{servlet.webapps},jcp,web
servlet.services=jndi,jdbc,{servlet.webapps},jcp

NOW HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING THIS? Or is it that NO ONE ELSE IS DOING IT? This is recommended in order to improve SECURITY and access to the JMC since it uses its own web server but with IIS you can use Windows Policy to control access...

Help? Or does EVERYONE just run their JMC with the DEFAULT? For shame...

[:cry:]

Forgot... I have JRUN4 running with ColdFusion MX 7 in a MULTISERVER configuration... The server is Windows 2003 with IIS 6.0 so it is ALL ON ONE BOX...

I connect the JMC to IIS and the page comes up but I cannot find this local.properties file ANYWHERE so can someone explain this? or is the Macromedia documentation just out-of-date? How do you PROPERLY SET up the JMC to use IIS then using JRun 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back