Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JFS vs JFS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

amobasse

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2002
US
Could you guys tell me your thoughts in using JFS2.Is it reliable yet?Have you guys seen or heard of any problems. We are running 5.2 ML0.

Thanks

If you would go to the IBM fix distribution center ( go through the motions of downloading ML02 for a 5.2.0.0 system, and look at the information for what you are about to download, you will see that there are quite a few PTFs (27 or 28, I think) fixing problems, both large and small, with JFS2. (Some problems include corrupted filesystem, hung filesystem, etc. Others aren't quite that bad.)

That isn't necessarily bad -- problems have been found and IBM is fixing them. And it is new with version 5.x, so you would expect some problems.

I would advise getting to maintenance level 02. In addition, it appears there also have been more individual fixes for JFS2 problems (not rolled into a Maintenance Level package) since ML02. So you might want to check out individual filesets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back