Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JetEngine Error...Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezzzo

Technical User
May 30, 2003
US
I`ve been working on the app and have it almost done. I created a install with all the necessary files. I then had a friend install the app on WinMe.
The app installed fine. The problem surfaced when we clicked on File | New. We received an error " -2147217842 (80040e4d) The workgroup information file is missing etc". In the visual basic environment it worked fine on my
PC. I guess it has something to do with the package and deployment process. We also added password protection to
the Access database. A friend sent me a link to a Microsoft
article on the JetEngine. It seems the Jet service packs are specific to Me, Win 2000, Win NT. If I have to install specific service packs how is this dealt with in the package and deployment wizard. This is my first attempt
at packaging an app..... any tips are appreicated

Search for MDAC at MS and or Jet Engine. There are installs that you can add to your package and run during the install that should take care of your problem if that is the problem.

Good Luck

From the error message is sounds as if the target machine has not got MSAccess installed, so it needs a copy of your Access System Database file included. If you dont create your own specifically use the default one System.mdw. It will probably need to go in the same folder as on your machine unless you have coded for a variable location.

Hope this helps.

I am using Office XP Professional. I am looking for the Packaging Wizard to deploy an app. I am looking at Add-ins, Add-In Manager in a code module and see no reference to the wizard. where can I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back