Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JetDirect Firmware Updates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeJayWA

MIS
Jul 2, 2003
US
I'm new to the printer side of technology and am working on updating firmware for HP printers and associated JetDirect cards. I am using either WebJetadmin 10.2.62227 or HP Downlaod Manager 4.20. These applications work great for updates except on some of the oldest equipment. This older model of JetDirect card does have an embedded web server but it does not have the "Upgrade Firmware" link as do newer JetDirect cards.

In particular, I would like to update the firmware on a JetDirect J3111A from firmware G.07.03 to G.08.49. However, using either of the update tools to perform the update, while the firmware update appears to run, it remains in a perpetual upgrade status.

Any help on methods for updating the firmware is appreciated.

If you have the .RFU file, there's a little nifty PrintUtil tool available here ->
Scroll down the very bottom of the page and select the PrintUtil link.

PrintUtil is a Windows drag and drop tool to download files or macros to a printer using IP or to a LPT port.

If this does not work, then reply and I will see if I can get the old HP JetAdmin tool for you.

Thank you hpwizzard for the suggestions and for a new tool to add to my box. I spent a considerable amount of time in the HP site support forums and found a suggestion of trying the HP Download Manager and/or Web JetAdmin on a different/fresh PC. I did and the firmware pushed successfully to all of the 600n and 610n series cards that had been difficult to upgrade. The issues were never a problem with the 615n, 620n, ExPlus, or JDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back