Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JetAdmin older version

Status
Not open for further replies.

winkshog

MIS
Aug 3, 2001
US
need to reset a jetdirect card on a printer that does not have an IP address. but i can not figuer out how to use webadmin. does any one know where to get jetadmin software.

or how to reset the card?

wink

you can download the current tool from the HP website. Another thing which is vital: Check there also for BIOS updates for this JetDirect card.

JetAdmin is no longer available from HP. They want you to use the new Web JetAdmin but your workstation has to be NT/2000/XP to do so. If you need the 95/98 version I can email it to you (about 3.5mb).

I do recommend flashing the firmware on the printers as well. Download Manager is used for this and works very well.

WebJetadmin needs to be installed initially on an NT/2000/XP, but after that you can access it from any workstation by going to the url. Once in there, you can upgrade the download and update the firmware for all printers easily and quickly. The only drawback I see on this new version is that it seems quite slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back