Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JDE Oneworld B7332 Monitoring Software under NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbaraci

Technical User
Dec 18, 2001
AU
We run JDEdwards B7332 under a windows NT and MS SQL server environment. But one thing which has dogged us from day one is the serious lack of ability to get at the underlying processing of a running job. Ie. How the heck do you know if its looping etc, if nothign shows in the logs. I have asked if JDE had anything to allow us to monitor these aspects in an early warning type system. However to date I have not been able to find anything. This prompted us to develop our own monitoring tool which is now quite full features and can monitor quite a number of aspects of the JDE system. Alarm via email, SMS etc.. I was just curious if anyone else has looked for such a solution or delved into a simular area. I am firstly lookign at ways to improve on what we have and secondly perhaps encourage JDE to provide such functionality?? I look forward to hearing what other people think on this topic.

Nothing yet...Would you and your think about ShareWare-ing or FreeWare-ing your application? Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Apparently there is a plugin for BMC Patrol( which JDE have produced. I have no idea how functional this thing is and I suspect there is some cost involved in this solution. Has anyone had any experience with this?. As for shareware-ing/Freeware-ing ours. Currently the company really owns rights to the application and at this stage they have not expressed any interest in wether they wish to do anything with it outside our environment. Altho the application is fairly tailored to our needs. I have steered its development towards a fairly flexible system with the exception of the SMS direct support which does require access to a paricular sms carrier. Email to sms component is customizable tho.

Cheers.

We have a requirement for the OW monitoring tool and have been in touch with BMC. The plug-in yopu discribe is actually developed by JDE but so far as BMC are aware no one has implemented it yet. (Probably because it doesn't work then !!!)

I have spoken to a guy @ JDE's GATS, and he advised me to use a number of monitoring tools together, JDE's own SupportAssist, Quest's Spotlight and Foglight but I believe their are other GATS guys using different tools.

I don't believe even JDE have something that monitors their apps. otherwise they would be offering it to us big time with a big price to match no doubt !!!!!

Take a look at the J.D. Edwards Server Administration Workbench (SAW). The original Windows application version is pretty weak, but the new version included in later service packs is getting quite good. It is Web Based, so it requires some set up if you are not using the Web Client. There is a major effort to make it a very good tool to monitor various J.D. Edwards servers and from the looks of the current version it looks like they are doing just this.

JDE bundles the OWKM for PATROL on the One World media that it distributes to customers. However, it does not contain all of the required /lib files. Their development team can provide the special lib files.

Hi,

I need some information on JD Edwards One World. I have no idea what it is all about. Can u tell me what it is about. Could u possibly tell me what programming in JD One World about, what type of language it is, and how they run on the servers.
Your help will be really appreciated.

I can be contacted on EbrahimR@ananzi.co.za

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back