Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jdbc location in Tomcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwworg

Programmer
Feb 10, 2006
CA
Hey guys,

I am using Oracle 8i, tomcat 5.5 and J2SE 1.5

I have downloaded the JDBC driver for Oracle. It is classes.zip, some people say I just need to rename it to classes.jar and copy it in Tomcat shared/lib directory. Is this all I have to do???? I dont have to unzip the classes.zip?? Also, in my classespath do I need to specify classes.jar or classes.zip.

Also, I have tried to rename it, but it becomes classes.jar.zip, which means it is still a zip file.

Any thoughts

Thanks

I think you will find the file is called classes12.zip, not classes.zip.

In any case, rename the file classes12.jar, and add it to shared/lib or common/lib. This will then be picked up by the default tomcat class loader, you do not need to specify it by name in the CLASSPATH variable if you are just using Tomcat.

If you are having problems actually renaming the file, then I suggest you ask how to rename files in your operating system - this is not really a tomcat related problem.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back