Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JD Edwards Security 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoscoeFloyd

Programmer
Jun 9, 2006
US
Hi All

We are running JD Edwards World version A7.3 and our company wants to start using JD Edwards group support I've reviewed the documentation and it seems straight forward enough but I can't find the part of the guide that gives the
step by step details or specifics about the process.Is there a security administrator guide? We have the complete
documentation but the documentnation I've got looks like the users guide. Maybe a group setup example would be nice.What we are talking about is creating an JD Edwards *AP group and all the people in AP users would be in that group. There's so many levels of security.Any feedback, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Roscoe

We run World 7.3 also,, working off of G94 menu, the user security. We have the user key value for the DP, set, for users in the A/P group, tied back to the menus, so that only certain users are allowed into the A/P sections. Do you run custom menus, or is everyone running off off, the standard JDE menus? There is also, a better web site for jde users. You might check out that site.

Thanks for the help. I'm new to this website and it takes a little getting used to. We use the JDE standard menu sytem. What we want to do is create JDE groups and assign menus to those groups then assign users to the groups. I have found limited information on groups and I could not find any
information on defining classes. I'm using the JDELIST website as well thanks for the suggestions.

Just finished doing something similar - too long to post the steps here - email me & I will give you more info - louiste2@aol.com.

With several questions regarding a security approach to take, here is some info that may be useful. The 3 most commonly used Security Models are:
1.) Menu Masking
2.) Grant All - Deny individual access (All Access plus
Action Code Security for Denied programs)
3.) Deny All - Grant back individual access

If you are required to provide audit info on what transactions/functions a user has access to, I recommend Opt 3 - the DENY ALL strategy (Vs using Menu Masking and/or Denying access to Sensitive programs only).

Deny the Group/User access to everything & grant back access to individual programs. This is a bear to set up, but requires the least maintenance and is the easiest to report on for an Audit. Although work intensive, it is fairly simple to convert your existing Security strategy to DENY ALL.
1.) Duplicate each GROUP on JDE, suffix with a '2'.
2.) Create duplicate User ID's, suffix with a '2' and
attach to the new Group.
3.) Deny All at the Group Level.
4.) Grant back common access at the Group level
5.) Grant back individual User access if necessary

After granting access to Programs for Groups/Users that are required, have Users do their daily tasks using the new User id's for a 2 or 3 week period. This will let you know what one-off access a User(Group) will require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back