Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JCL Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani05

Programmer
Apr 16, 2009
IN
I need to expand the JCL and make a copy of that in a pds.Is there any shorcut for that?

What do you mean by 'expand'? Resolve the symbolics? hve a list of the run deck and procedure?

Why not try TYPRUN=SCAN and copy the output from the spool to your PDS?

Nic

Hi Nclouston,
I do not have prod access.I cant submit the jcl with TYPRUN=SCAN.I am looking for other alternative.

Yes.I have SAR.Is it possible to acces the SAR thru JCL or REXX?If so please share the sample code or document.

It would take a while to "gleen" the JCL out of SAR.

MVS Shops usually have Development and/or Test Libraries where versions of the Production JCL are stored.

If you know the DSN of the Production Liberar, you can sometimes tells the name of a Test or Development Library.

you can only get the jcl expanded from sar if the jcl was set to allow it.

You can get the source from SAR directly (and save it into a dataset) or you can use sardb.

I do not have my working JCL at hand now, but this will give you a example of how to use sardb.
Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I do not have prod access.I cant submit the jcl with TYPRUN=SCAN.I am looking for other alternative.
Why do you believe you need "prod access" to submit a job with TYPRUN=SCAN. . .?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back