Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JbuilderX data modeler changes queries to uppercase

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorgino

Programmer
Jul 13, 2006
AU
Hi all, i am new to jbuilder programming. I am using MySQL 5 and latest connector driver (1.31) with JBuilderX. I found that the Data Modeler changes my SQL queries to uppercase, which is no good because in Mysql the table names are all lowercase. I could not find anything on the web or JBuilder site, i cannot believe that i am the only one with this problem.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I didn't realise MySQL was case-sensitive in this fashion.

Tim

thanks for replying, i think i found a workaround but i want to clarify the problem:
1 - MySQL is not case sensitive as far as table and field names - but will never create a table in uppercase
2 - Data Modeler with older Mysql version and driver was turning everything into uppercase : this does not prevent the query from running, but prevents Data Modeler to be able to link queries in a master - detail relationship and makes it very difficult to control the columns properties in designer.
3 - Data Modeler with MySQL 5 and latest driver surrounds with quotes anything that contains a capital letter, and subsequently fails to run the query, but leaves lowercase table and fields names alone. Therefore the solution seems to be to make sure that all table and fields names are only in lowarcase.

Okay.

1 - Agreed. In isolation this wouldn't be a problem.
2 - I've seen this behaviour when using JBuilder to maintain EJB Entity Beans. It uses an underlying connection to the database to provided basic schemas for the tables, allowing these to be mapped to the various entity beans. Case differences between JBuilder and MySQL causes problems.
3 - I'm only up to MySQL4 myself. If ensuring all MySQL tables and fields are lower-case works, that's great.

Maybe you'd like to ask the some of the Borland developer chaps at their usenet address newgroups.borland.com

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back