Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JBoss

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinnen

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
CH
I wrote some prototyps in Java with JBoss/tomcat for a customer and know I get interested in developping Java-Application-Server-Progams. But I had a lot of problems with the JBoss, I had to restart it very often and I'm looking for an other JAVA-Applicationserver. Is there any other freeware possibility? Or does anyone knows an enterprise solution running with JBoss? Does this work? Or my problems only, because I had to redeploy that often?

i don't know any freeware products but there are some good tools that you can download and evaluate. this might be a good exercise for u...get to know what tool u prefer.

the tools i know of are 1. BEA Weblogic, 2. IBM Websphere and 3. CapeClear CapeConnect2

all of there products are j2ee, and support jsp/servlets/ejbs. no 3 has the added bonus of supporting web components

my favourate, above all is weblogic. a joy to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back