Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jbconfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

july75

Technical User
Dec 21, 2001
US
My jbconfig is taking a long time to run, it seems like it is hanging. What could be the reason? How do I find out what's going on?

You have some trouble with the SCSI chain. Do you have a SAN inbetween? Try running inquire. If that doesn't return any Lib/Tape hardware run Inquire -lc.

The most likely cause is SAN or SCSI cabling or perhaps configuration issues.

We a currently implementing a fibre scsi from Sun Solaris OS to IBM LTO via storagenet 3250 fibre channel routers. We think (and hope) that we have a faulty tape drive connected to one of the routers as after a 2 hour period Legato 6.1.1 renders it disabled. Running inquire will not see the drive until we power down the relevant router.
In my limited experiance you have scsi problems or a bad drive. Please let us know the outcome?

Is this a new Library installation or is it only a new jbconfig-operation ??

If it's a new library installation, check the SCSI chain if SCSI attached. If SAN check comp, guide on Legato Website, see if you have the right "zooning"

/Cia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back