Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jaxp1.1 with J2EE 1.2.2 Containers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgaer

Programmer
Jun 4, 2001
US
I am trying to deploy a servlet that relies on the jaxp1.1 extensions on the server provided with the j2sdk1.2.1. What is the appropriate way to resolve that issue. Should I just specifiy jaxp1.1 as a pre req and assume that anyone deploying the web component containing this servlet will have the jaxp1.1 classes in the servers path? or should I packace the jaxp1.1 jar files in the servlet component. If the latter how is that Accomplished? I tried adding all 3 jar files to the web coponent but still get the following error when I run check in the
deployment tool.

unexpected error in verifier, check for problems related to: [ java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/TransformerException ]

your best bet is to require anyone installing the servlets to have the jaxp jar file installed in added to their classpath. this should be documented as a deployment requirement. otherwise its starting to get messy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back