Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JAXB WebServiceException - Connection Timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzWolf

Programmer
May 22, 2002
AU
Hi everybody,

I have run into a very perplexing problem with a web service I am developing. The web service has been successfully deployed to the testing server. It can be successfully accessed and utilised by both our Delphi developers and myself as the Java web developer.

The problem I have is that if I run our production site locally through NetBeans for initial testing, the WS client object can successfully do what it needs to do with the WS. However, as soon as I deploy that site to the Tomcat server the WS is currently on, it gets connection timeout errors and cannot access the WSDL.

I've scoured the source files trying to find a potential reference that is breaking the system with no luck. No errors are being reported beyond the connection timeout when the WS is accessed and anything else accessing the web service has absolutely no problems.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I'd check the network connection between client and server. Maybe there's a proxy or something like that preventing the connection.

Cheers,
Disn

That's the thing, the connection problems occur when I deploy the website with the WS client to the same server as the web service itself.

If I run the WS client locally (using Tomcat installed on my desktop) or when our Delphi developers use the WS client in their own app, there isn't an issue.

Exclude localhost and the numerical IP from the proxied hosts.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back