Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

javax.xml.rpc.holders.ObjectHolder - How can i use this? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canelas

Programmer
Feb 20, 2008
PT
Hi everyone.

I have a web service client that is returning me this object.
How can i use this object?

The web service is returning an image bytes for later writing. But i'm not being able to do anything with this.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks.
Canelas

Do you mean a serialized object? Maybe you can use ObjectInputStream to deserialize it ...

But the best way to go would be to know what the service is done for

Cheers,
Dian

Hi Dian.

This specific method of the web service is designed to return the bytes of an image file, so that the image can be written on the client side.

Does this help?

I still haven't tried the ObjectInputStream, but i will...

Thanks.

And do you know the object type intented to be passed inside the ObjectHolder?

Cheers,
Dian

Not really.
The documentation only tells me what it is suposed to do.

But i'm inclined to believe that it's an array of bytes.
I can get the ObjectHolder to be inialized, but i don't seem to get what i want.

I'm believing (still not sure) that this is a web service developed in .NET, and i'm not sure that i'll be able to get the intended result in Java.

Thanks.

Once you get the ObjectHolder, use the value field to retrieve the object inside and use reflection to see what it is

Cheers,
Dian

Humm, there's a Spanish idiom that says something like "It's never late when things are ok"

Glad you got it to work

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back