Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JavaScript on Dataview

Status
Not open for further replies.

great

Programmer
Jun 22, 2001
US
I have a textfield. Want to do some validation on Submit button. It does not seem to get textfield.value from a dataview. Any help ??

Hi Schunel,
Thanks for the reply. the code is pretty simple. At the onClick of Save button, I want to read in the textfield.value in the Dataview (it has multiple rows).
if textfield.value==null i want to pop up an alert.
Hope this give some info.
Thanks again,
girish//

Ok,
First test the value with an empty string.
The main problem is to get the textfield. In a dataview sssw attributes internal names to the elements, so it's not easy to get all the textfiels wich are in the dataview.
I think you have to generate yourself the dataview with the rowGenerateBegin or something like that. In this methode you build the HTML code of the raw and naming yourself all your textfields. After you can dynamically write your procedure wich validates the data.
To get a textfield's value on the page, try Page.textfield.value or document.forms[0].textfield.value.

Sorry for the delay of my response,

Schunel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back