Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javascript not working with IE6 after Win2K to Win XP upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

desktophero

Programmer
Mar 30, 2001
US
Okay.

I have tried everything, looked at all of my settings, uninstalled and reinstalled, search the internet and Tek-tips, but I can not find a solution to my problem.

Background -
On a Dell C600 Latitiude laptop, I was running Win2K. Our IS department just released a schedule for WinXP to be the OS standard, so I upgraded to develop and verify my VB6 apps will work correctly on an XP box.

After the upgrade, I can not open links in new windows ("Open in New Window"), nor will some of my javascript work on our intranet.

I have verified the code on IE5.5, as well as on a box with XP as a fresh install using IE6. It works fine everywhere else except this upgraded machine.

I installed Q321232 from Microsoft (the sec patch). I have also uninstalled, ran RegClean, and then reinstalled - all IE6.

Has anyone ran into this? Any info or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
desktophero@cox.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back