Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JavaScript Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

laceymike

Vendor
Oct 12, 2015
US
I occasionally get a JavaScript Application error, "Error: line.replace is not a function". I have no access to my work unless I click on "OK" and the JavaScript window disappears.

I've uninstalled the old version of Java and downloaded/installed a fresh, up-to-date, version. I'm using Windows Pro.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Mike

Java and Javascript are not the same thing. Installing a new version of Java will not solve your problem.

It might be a syntax error in the replace command in the script. You could try switching on errors in the browser - it might tell you the offending line.

Thanks a lot xwb. I sure forgot it and I appreciate the reminder. I don't know how to switch on errors in the browser (firefox). Have a suggestion where I'd start? Thanks a lot!

guitarzan, I didn't realize that posting in one forum and posting the same question in another was considered cross posting. Posting in various places in one forum is considered cross posting. But I'll take that into consideration with my next issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back