Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javascript issue on iPhone/iMac platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JScannell

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
US
There is an issue with a website of mine when you connect to it using Google Chrome on an Apple platform (iPhone or iMac). This problem does not manifest itself on a Windows computer or Android phone.

Here are the particulars:
1. This is a Classic ASP site utilizing vbScripts for server side and JavaScripts for the client side.
2. The back end is a SQL Server database.
3. Client side database queries are handled via remote scripting (utilizing rs.asp and rs.htm) with all functions residing in server.asp which despite its naming convention utilizing JavaScript after its initial load. (see attached file for that snippet #1)
4. I should add that I have been using this coding methodology for over 20 years and this is the first time I have encountered this problem. Because I don't have any Apple devices, I am unable to troubleshoot the problem.
5. The interface between the client and the server is handled via an external javscript file database.js as well as the loading of rs.htm and a call to a function in there. See Snippet #2 and 3 in the attachment)
6. In my issue I am able to successfully lookup a client and retrieve their current cases (Snippet #4 with red arrows) and then populate the dropdown lists (Snippet #5)
7. Example of javascript interface call. Snippet #6
8. Example of remote script call. Snippet #7
9. The only thing I know is that the code fails somewhere in the "processSelectedItem()" call with this (the OPTION values are populated within the "lookupClient()" function):
<tr>
<td valign=top>Cases</td>
<td valign=top>
<select name="CASE" id="CASE" size="1" class = "DropDown_Input" tabIndex = 1 onChange = "processSelectedItem ();">
<OPTION VALUE=""></option>
</select>
</td>
</tr>

Remember that this problem ONLY occurs when running on an Apple device utilizing Google Chrome.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry

Jerry Scannell

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=748823f3-bd92-445c-86b7-463faed383fa&file=Apple_Javascript_Issue.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back