Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JavaScript Issue - I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamedTech

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2005
GB
Hello Guys,

I've got a small issue on one of my clients running XP Pro that i can't quite put my finger on.

It appears to be having issues running certain elements of websites, such as some of the e-commerce sites we've tried, and an online banking service.

Now most items on the web seem to run fine without hitch, but it would seem that links and buttons that action a JavaScript function can cause some real issues.

Now on a couple of E-commerce sites you can hit the button which has a javascript action attached to it, and nothing occurs, you just get the small yellow triangle in the bottom left warning of an error on the page.

However other links on the online banking which action javascript let you click the link, you dont get the error but it will just sit there with 1 green bar in the progress meter at the bottom of the browser, sometimes it will begin to load the next page, but never successdes before crashing internet explorer.

I'm yet to try some other browsers, but i have upgraded from IE6 to IE7 and i'm still getting the same issues, i have no idea whats causing it.

When originaly finding the problem with the online banking, i phoned thier technical support desk and they suggested it might have somthing to do with Yahoo Compoanion, but this was never present on the system.

There were a few other Yahoo related programs, which i've now completely removed, but the issue persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Close all IE sessions.
Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced
Uncheckmark the two boxes relating to HTTP 1.1
Apply, OK

Under the Privacy tab, Advanced
Checkmark Override automatic cookie handling
Checkmark Accept First-party cookies
Checkmark Always allow session cookies
OK

Now check the Date and Time on the Workstation. These have to be accurate for secure sites.

Reboot and test.

Thanks BCaster,

I'll give that a go, i've also made up your special brew CMS file which sorts out the file links for IE as i know that caused some people similar issues.

I'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back