Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javascript Errors on IIS6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2001
US
Hi I wonder if anyone might be able to help me, I have moved a site over from Windows 2000 IIS5 to Windows 2003 IIS6 and since have experienced a Javascript error on a page which worked on IIS5, can anyone shed anylight as to whether I have missed something on the server configuration.

Calendarscript.inc
Code:
var mCalname = null;
var iswinopen = 0;

function OpenCalendar(mCaller,mCalname,mTitle)
	{ 
		if (iswinopen == 0)
		{
			mCalname = window.open("/e-forms/st_calendar.asp?caller="+mCaller+"&title="+mTitle,mCalname,"titlebar=no,width=255,height=270,left=200,top=100,resizable=no,toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,directories=no,scrollbars=no,copyhistory=no,location=no"); 
			iswinopen = 1;
		}

}

Basic page
Code:
<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="calendarscript.inc"></script>
</head>
<body>
<form name="page_form">
<input type="text" name="bookingdate" size="13" style="width:100" readonly value="">
<input type="button" name="bookingdatebutton" value="Calendar" onClick="javascript: OpenCalendar('page_form.bookingdate','bookingdatecalendar','Booking Date');">
</form>
</body>
</html>

Please can anyone help?

Andrew Westgarth
Web Developer

Hi Andrew.

I'm no programmer, but your code looks ok. There are some differences between the versions of IIS (obviously).

You could try using the IIS Migration Tool to move your website again from the old server to the new one. This will reconfigure reconfigure IIS6 for the migrated websites and has worked on websites for me that couldnt be manually migrated.

Cheers,

llevon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back