Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javascript error in Internet Explorer after upgrade to Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
Not 100% sure this corresponded to the upgrade from to Windows 10, but I've got two computers giving me these javascript errors. One was upgraded from Windows 7 and one was upgraded from Windows 8.1. The two laptops are totally different brands, so no hardware similarity. See attached image.

Happens for sure on the CNN home page as well as the USAToday home page.

I have already set the option in IE:
X disable script debugging

"display a notification about every script error" is NOT checked

Tried re-registering javascript DLLs - no love. Any ideas?

IEjavascripterror_cxjgy2.jpg

If you press YES, the errors just keep on coming. Maddening.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Erm ... Pixel.adsafeprotected.com is an adware browser hijacker. I don't think this is specifically a W10 issue.

If you click YES, you keep getting other "legitimate" links with the same error. It's not a malware infection.

I'm told that one of the computers was doing this BEFORE the Windows 10 upgrade, so CORRECT - it is not W10 specific.
One computer is running Norton Internet Security and one is running M.S.E.

It was the Google toolbar for Internet Explorer that was causing this issue. Removed that on two Windows 10 computers and the problem stopped. Not sure if it would have worked IF the computer hadn't been upgraded to Windows 10. In other words, maybe a fresh install of Google toolbar on Windows 10 would have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back