Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javascript error after adding invisible counter, cant figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRundle

Technical User
Dec 29, 2004
US

I dont know very much about javascript, plus I inherited this website so I am not the original builder. Anyway, I
added a counter from StatCounter, and now I'm getting javascript errors. I really want this counter to stay but I dont know how I'm going to fix it. It references errors on specific lines, but I go to those lines in dreamweaver and there is no javascript on those lines.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

The problem is with these lines - specifically, an errant apostrophe that should be escaped:
Code:
[gray]
      <P> <A HREF=[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/128bit/default.asp[/URL] target="_blank" class="formatted_table_body" onClick="[purple]MM_popupMsg('[blue]You are now leaving the Cascade Bank web site. Cascade Bank does not provide, and is not responsible for the product, service, or overall website content available at any third-party site. Cascade Bank[red]'[/red]s privacy policies do not apply to linked websites and you should consult the privacy disclosures on the website for further information.[/blue]')[/purple]">Click here to go to the Internet Explorer site.</A>
      <P> <A HREF=[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.netscape.com/download[/URL] target="_blank" class="formatted_table_body" onClick="[purple]MM_popupMsg('[blue]You are now leaving the Cascade Bank web site. Cascade Bank does not provide, and is not responsible for the product, service, or overall website content available at any third-party site. Cascade Bank[red]'[/red]s privacy policies do not apply to linked websites and you should consult the privacy disclosures on the website for further information.[/blue]')[/purple]"> Click here to go to the Netscape Communicator site.</A>
      <P><A HREF=[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html[/URL] target="_blank" class="formatted_table_body" onClick="[purple]MM_popupMsg('[blue]You are now leaving the Cascade Bank web site. Cascade Bank does not provide, and is not responsible for the product, service, or overall website content available at any third-party site. Cascade Bank[red]'[/red]s privacy policies do not apply to linked websites and you should consult the privacy disclosures on the website for further information.[/blue]')[/purple]">Click here to go to the Mozilla Firefox site.</A>            
[/gray]

---
Marcus
better questions get better answers - faq581-3339
accessible web design - zioncore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back