Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javascript Code Problem, Works in FF not IE, Table Doesn't Load Code..

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasterjr

Technical User
Jan 8, 2007
US
I'll give some detailed information along with the EXACT code i am using, the description if it is a Login that is for guests to put there names, and you click a checkbox to login as an operator of the chat system, and when you click the checkbox the password field is supposed to appear In firefox this works GREAT, looks professional and everything, i even have the entire script working except the login part, i'm just waiting to get this small (but annoying) bug fixed, here is my code that i'm using for the part...
Code:
function opsetup(){
  if(document.getElementById('opbox').checked){
	document.getElementById('oplogin').innerHTML="<td>Pass:</td><td><input type=\"password\" name=\"pass\" /></td>";
	}
	if(!document.getElementById('opbox').checked){
	document.getElementById('oplogin').innerHTML='';
	}
}

and in IE i'm getting the following error...

Code:
Line: 4
Char: 2
Error: Unknown runtime error
Code: 0
URL: [URL unfurl="true"]http://destreyf.net/Orion_Live_Support/index.php[/URL]

To see the script that i'm making in action, i have a preview designed for people to look at, its a support chat system that i am developing for myself, but i want it to be nice, incase i decide to release it for the public.
Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back