Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javascript and Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jun 13, 2003
US
Hi everyone,
Recently, I am investigating a bug of javascript problem in our asp page. Somehow it always crashed in the same places in one of our asp pages for 10 times. The data fields are empty, with those fields, I collected data using JavaScript(not backed up by asp program)
But I cannot duplicate the case in my windows XP and 2000. Then suddenly I found 8 of 10 have this log text:
---UserAgent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.23; Mac_PowerPC)
*MSIE version could be different in this line, most of them is 5.22 and some are 5.0 and 5.23

I don't know the exact meaning of the line, it seems like IE installed on MAC operating system, it seems like our program doesn't work the same way as it is on windows system with IE or firefox installed etc. We only tested on windows with IE, firefox and AOL.
Am I close to the origination of the problem source?
Thank you.
Betty

Have you checked for errors on the page in FireFox? Even if it runs fine, it could still have errors in it that aren't fatal to some versions of browsers.

Without seeing the code, it's difficult to tell what might be the problem. It could well be a problem with IE Mac versions, and we might be able to figure it out (or reproduce it with our Mac users) if we had the code or the URL.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back