Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javadoc Tool - @serial tag warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

milage

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
US
Hi,

I have being running my code through the javadoc tool and have got an error saying:

javadoc: warning - in class Member.PaymentBean, missing @serial tag for default
serializable field: firstname.

for each of my declared variables in the class?

What do I have to put in the document comments to get rid of these warnings?

Thanks in advnace

as quoted from O'Reilly's Java in a Nutshell:<br><br>@serial <i>description</i><br>This tag should appear in the doc comment for any field that is part of the serialized state of a <FONT FACE=monospace>Serializable</font> class. For classes that use the default serialization mechanism, this means all fields that are not declared <FONT FACE=monospace>transient</font>, even fields declared <FONT FACE=monospace>private</font>. The <i>description</i> should be a brief description of the field and of its purpose within the serialized object. <p>Liam Morley<br><A HREF="mailto:"></A><br>&quot;light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>light the world, and bring depth to the silence.&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back