Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh33pz

Technical User
Jan 6, 2003
US
Well folks, ive downloaded the java thing from sun microsystems but it is mot working, i was wondering if anyone has anything to help me out with.

Please define: not working If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

When i say not working i mean that when i try to load java based web pages it says that i do not have java and prompts me to dl the patch from microsoft--- ive done that also and it still is not loading pages--- take java games for example

uh .. is java enabled in your browser?
Tools - Internet options - advanded - Jit compiler
Tools - Internet options - Security - put java permissions on Low to test

to test:

If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

Go to Control Panel (Classic View) and open "Java Plug-In 1.3.1_0x" make sure that "Enable Java Plug-in" is selected. Open the Browser tab and make sure that Microsoft Internet Explorer is selected.

Reid

If you are running IE you need the Java virtual machine for java to run. The Sun Java Run Time Edition 1.3 or 1.4 only seems to work with Netscape. To correct the problem uninstall JRE and reinstall JVM. If you also use Netscape, reinstall JRE and when asked what browseres will use JRE, make sure IE is UNCHECKED. Problem solved. Original windows XP did not ship with the JVM because of some leagal rangling between MS an Sun. Tha has since been solved and JVM is available. Search the Internet for the JVM.

Hope this helps.

Sorry tcassio, but that is wrong, I use Sun's Java on several machine without problems in IE. I wouldn't even consider using Netscape just for that. If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back