Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java Tomcat Application Access Issues on Virtual Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

seema165

Programmer
Jul 11, 2005
GB
Hi,

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, so please advise if it isn’t.

We have a Java struts servlet application which is running through Tomcat and is access through our intranet page.
Java version 1.5, Tomcat 5.5.29, Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 – this is on a virtual box, let’s call it Virtual01. I know that the Java and Tomcat versions are out of date, we are working on upgrading them on a separate project. Users are authenticated through JCIFS and LDAP.

Everyone can access the application from their local PCs via the intranet, but when trying to access the application through RDP or any other virtual box, it doesn’t seem to work.
It will bring up the login box for the user to put in their username and p/w, but then we just get a blank screen. We can’t see why there is an issue with accessing it through other virtual boxes or RDP when users can access it from their local PCs.

My local PC has Java 1.6, the other boxes we’re trying to access the application from has 1.7 – surely that shouldn’t matter? I would have thought the application would use the Java version that’s on Virtual01, since that’s where it is running from? Am I wrong about this? Or is it something on the server side or network side?

Thanks
Seema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back