Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.java to .exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddddd

Programmer
Jan 10, 2002
US
How to make a .jave to be an .exe?

Tools are available U need to buy it
I can give an sample one
java2exe is a tool converts java to exe. But it has even some restriction
Shyam Shyam

why convert to an exe? defeats the whole purpose of java...

Conversion is need the reason is. If their are not interested in installation jre in the machine. Or only to use this application. Without Installation any type of Codes. How can u run Java.

Shyam Shyam

Then it should written in another language. You pretty much lose all benefit of Java if you convert to exe. I have stated this many times over the past few months but Java was designed for and needs a JVM. How else are things like Garbage Collection and Exception Handling going to effectively take place? What happens when a top-level Exception is thrown? Normally this is caught in the JVM, who knows what happens when it is converted to exe. I don't think that it is a stringent requirement to install a JRE, all the big boys do it (WebLogic, Websphere, Jbuilder, Oracle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back