Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java Servlet --> PHP-->Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyberlin2000

Programmer
May 12, 2004
DE
I have a "security servlet" I want to use as a general wrapper (filtering input etc.), the PHP actually handling the whole website should stay untouched. I want to select distinct pages inside the servlet and then pass parameters to the PHP webpages. Can that be done on a server? What do I have to do? (I know PHP, I know JAVA, but have no idea how communication can work - I especially would like to let PHP return the selected page, not going through the servlet again...)

Thanks to anybody who can explain that to me.

why not use php exclusively as the interacting agent with apache and use php virtual calls (or system calls) to interact with the java servlet?

To PADIE:

1. Because this was not the stated requirement...
2. I want a security shell around PHP-driven websites, I am not playing with programming features. That means I want the website to stay the way it is - not doing ANY reprogramming except maybe shifting/changing some parameters.

So please... does anybody know how to do it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back