Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java SDK & Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefe9

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
GB
I have installed Sun Java SDK on Windows Me.

Everything went OK with only 1 glitch.

I set the (DOS) PATH environment variable for JAVA_HOME and DOS just ignores this.

The path is "C:\Program Files\Java2sdk"

I suspect that DOS is ignoring this because of the space in the pathname, even though the string is quoted.

Can anyone confirm this?

If it is the case that DOS wont accept a pathname with embedded space character then will I need to re-install JavaSDK. (and set a install dir with no spaces embedded)

How do I unisnstall the SDK, there is no menu option for this.?

TIA

Jefe

>>
I set the (DOS) PATH environment variable for JAVA_HOME and DOS just ignores this.

How to you mean DOS ignores it ? If you set a variable inside one console, another console cannot access it - is this your error. ? I wouldn't set your values in DOS anyway ... use Settings >> Contol Panel >> System etc etc and find "Environment Variables" and set them there, or edit C:/autoexec.bat and add in your values there.

>> I suspect that DOS is ignoring this because of the space in the pathname, even though the string is quoted

I don't believe this is true.

>> How do I unisnstall the SDK, there is no menu option for this.?

There should be an uninstall option on your start bar. But if not, go to Settings>>Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs and do it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back