Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java: Removing Sun's 1.4 IE Plug-In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philidor

Technical User
Nov 25, 2001
US
Because I didn't use it much, I decided to remove Sun's Java 1.4 plug-in and replace it with Microsoft's Virtual Machine. I downloaded and installed the JVM, but on the one site with Java that I use regularly it wouldn't work. Instead, I get a message saying that I have to download and install the JVM. I did, and for some reason it's being ignored.
I tried the Java Troubleshooting in Internet Explorer page at Microsoft and none of the suggestions worked.
I suspect that the problem is that the JVM is not registering itself as the app. for Java, but that's just a guess. The only thing I can think to do is to download and install 1.4 again from Sun, then delete it and install the JVM again, but I don't know why that would work the second time.
Any suggestions, please?

Hola!

A mí me pasó algo similar. Trabajo con Java Community Edition que trae el JDK y Forte. Afortunadamente no borré el archivo del jdk 1.4.0 que bajé de SUN, y lo que hice fue desinstalarlo, borrar el directorio en donde tenía la instalación de Forte y Java, y volver a instalar todo el JDK junto con Forte.

Afortunadamente no tuve casi ningún problema y ahora todo está como antes.

Saludos!

Gracias por la nota! Instarlare otra vez el JAVA, y es un exito. (No tengo problemas adicionales.) Me parece que no puedo reemplazar el JAVA con el JVM, pero lo tolero. Gracias y tienes una buena dia (Mi hija Katherine escribio la traduccion.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back